Wednesday, November 28, 2007

week 2, post 1

“Then find routines that allow you to feel secure when they are done. You told me that you have a new brother: look to him each morning. Look to your father, and your stepmother. Tend to the flowers in the garden, or in the pots upon the windowsill. Seek others who are weaker than you are, and try to give them comfort where you can. Let these be your routines, and the rules that govern your life.” (p.94) I picked this quote for a couple of reasons. The main reason I chose this quote is because of who said it, the woodsman said it. The woodsman is a guy that David met in the new world he traveled to. The other reason I picked this quote is because I thought it showed the woodsman’s character very well; he is kind loving and smart. Two words I didn’t know when I was reading were, recluse: a person who lives in seclusion or apart from society. (p.89) and copse: a thicket of small trees or bushes; a small wood. (p.98)

No comments: